Name: William BRADEN
Birth: 6 MAR 1807 in Tn.
Death: 10 FEB 1895 in Christian Co. Mo.
William Braden married Julia McHaffie in Tenn. William and Julia came to Missouri about 1835. They traveled in wagons drawn by yokes of oxen. At first they settled near what is now the City of Springfield in Greene Co. then settled on Finley Creek in Christian Co. near some of Julia's brothers. William and Julia reared six children there. William was a farmer and stockman as well as a tanner. He built a bark mill on his place. He was a skilled hand with a broad axe and built his home of large logs, all hewn to a smooth wall inside and out. He is said to have hewn the logs for the first store in Springfield, Mo. William and Julia lived on the land they homesteaded until his death in 1895. He is buried in the McHaffie Cemetary in Christian Co. Mo.
Father: John BRADEN b: ABT. 1760 in Va.
Mother: SARAH b: BEF. 1792 in unk
Julia Ann MCHAFFIE b: ABT. 1810 in Tn.
23 SEP 1830
in Knox Co. Tn. 1
- Rachael Catherine 'Katie' BRADEN b: 17 APR 1831 in Knox Co. Tn.
- Elizabeth BRADEN b: 21 OCT 1833 in Tn.
- Rebecca BRADEN b: 1835 in Mo.
- William Benton BRADEN b: 31 JAN 1838 in Christian Co. Mo.
- Caroline BRADEN b: 1843 in Mo.
- John BRADEN b: 1847 in Mo.
- Title: Bradens of Va. Tn. Mo. by Harold J. Braden